Tuesday 24 November 2015

Edinburgh Workshops...

Morning! Now I have remembered where my blog is and hot off from my visit to Edinburgh this weekend, I thought I would revisit and share all.

This is my second visit up to Edinburgh this year...boy those ladies like to print! I love my visits up to Edinburgh to Jo's wonderful shop, My Bearpaw. Firstly Jo is there...and her lovely husband Jonathan and it's such a treat to manage a weekend to visit them.

When I went up this time I had the extra treat of being met by Blueberry Park bundles as I entered the shop. Seriously I don't think I will ever tire of seeing my fabric out in the wilds.


Jo has an amazing clientele for workshops. She has worked really hard to build up a hugely successful vibe up there with people craving her workshops, so it was wonderful that she filled 2 days of attendees...with still a waiting list for more wanting to learn to print...I think I will be back again soon!


When you walk into My Bearpaw you don't realise the Aladdin's Cave space behind and with the walls covered with Jo's beautiful quilts, it is the most perfect inspiring space. The eagle eyed of you won't miss seeing the Blueberry Park Lone Star there...what a beauty and what a joy for me to see.


We set to work designing and cutting stencils to use in our printing. I love this part. I love the silence due to the utter concentration and being thoroughly absorbed. I love the following WOW moment...the moment when the designs everyone has worked on suddenly become alive!


I used to be a secondary school teacher in my former life and trust me those wow moments were few and far between. Screen printing workshops give that wow moment every single time and it is so wonderful to see. 


I love being surrounded by amazing people and seeing all their creativity coming out. I love that every single workshop is completely different from the one before. 



I love that every person comes up with something completely different from the next person...and I love that everyone is so enthusiastic about the thing that I am so passionate about and can not wait to do it again.


Thank you Jo for having me and thank you to all 20 of you ladies for being so amazing and enthusiastic and I can't wait to come up again!



5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic write up Karen! Thank you so much!! I will share this on our facebook page, I am sure your ladies will enjoy reading this :) Also pleased you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much imagination and creativity all in one room! Looks like everyone had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect way to spend a Sunday. Thanks again Karen for your fantastic tuition and for introducing the world of portable screen printing. The possibilities are endless and I feel suitably inspired. Just need to find the time to play some more....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These prints are so beautiful! I have a lot to learn in order to be able to get my prints to look so interesting.
    Block Printing in Bangalore| Block printing on cloth

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a great time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete